Northern Canada - Earthquakes
Note: Since February 10, an earthquake swarm has been detected in the offshore area ~190 km west of Port Hardy, BC. Most events were small (M<3). The largest event so far (M5.1) occurred on February 13 at 16:34 PST.
February 13, 16:54 PST: An offshore M4.0 earthquake was reported 183 km west of Port Hardy, BC. Earthquake Report
February 13, 16:34 PST: An offshore M5.1 earthquake was reported 198 km west of Port Hardy, BC. Earthquake Report
February 13, 14:54 PST: An offshore M4.3 earthquake was reported 202 km west of Port Hardy, BC. Earthquake Report
February 10, 16:02 PST: An offshore M4.3 earthquake was reported 195 km west of Port Hardy, BC. Earthquake Report
- 2019-01-06: M=3.9 - 208 km ESE of Pond Inlet, NU
- 2018-05-15: M=4.0 - 82 km W of Burwash Landing, YT
- 2018-04-21: M=3.5 - 45 km W of Haines Junction, YT
- 2018-04-12: M=4.2 - 43 km WNW of Haines Junction, YT
- 2018-04-03: M=4.1 - 23 km WSW of Haines Junction, YT
Follow with the RSS feed:
Please tell us by filling out our earthquake questionnaire.
All earthquakes of the last 30 days
- The map and list of recent earthquakes | RSS feed:
- View felt or significant earthquake reports for this region
Live seismogram viewer - See the shaking!
NOTICE: The Canadian National Seismograph Network (CNSN) is undergoing equipment upgrades over the next few years. The seimograms from some stations may not be viewable on the web although we continue to acquire and process data from them. Visit Earthquake Monitoring Network Upgrade Blog to read about some of the activities.
- Seismograph stations in the region
- Search for earthquakes
- All about this region's earthquakes
For information on global earthquakes, visit:
- United States Geological Survey Earthquake Hazards Program
- Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology Seismic Monitor
How Canadians Can Help: Major Disasters and Other Emergencies Abroad Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Date modified: