Northern Canada - Earthquakes
Dec. 09 08:20 a.m. PST - A M5.4 offshore earthquake was detected 149 km southwest of Port Hardy, BC. Not felt. No tsunami expected. 09:48 PST - M4.8 aftershock. Nov. 30 23:33 p.m. PST - A M4.5 offshore earthquake was detected 146 km west of Port Alice, BC. Not felt. No tsunami expected. Earthquake Report Nov. 30 8:29 a.m. AKST - A major (M7) earthquake has struck near Anchorage, AK. Details from the United States Geological Survey Tsunami info Nov. 29 6:27 p.m. MST - A M4.5 earthquake near Fort St. John was felt across a large area of northeast BC. Details Followed by 2 felt aftershocks Nov. 29 7:15 p.m. MST - A M4.0 aftershock was felt at Fort St. John and nearby communities. Details
- 2018-05-15: M=4.0 - 82 km W of Burwash Landing, YT
- 2018-04-21: M=3.5 - 45 km W of Haines Junction, YT
- 2018-04-12: M=4.2 - 43 km WNW of Haines Junction, YT
- 2018-04-03: M=4.1 - 23 km WSW of Haines Junction, YT
- 2018-01-25: M=3.9 - 21 km N of Cape Dorset, NU - felt
Follow with the RSS feed:
Please tell us by filling out our earthquake questionnaire.
All earthquakes of the last 30 days
- The map and list of recent earthquakes | RSS feed:
- View felt or significant earthquake reports for this region
Live seismogram viewer - See the shaking!
NOTICE: The Canadian National Seismograph Network (CNSN) is undergoing equipment upgrades over the next few years. The seimograms from some stations may not be viewable on the web although we continue to acquire and process data from them. Visit Earthquake Monitoring Network Upgrade Blog to read about some of the activities.
- Seismograph stations in the region
- Search for earthquakes
- All about this region's earthquakes
For information on global earthquakes, visit:
- United States Geological Survey Earthquake Hazards Program
- Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology Seismic Monitor
How Canadians Can Help: Major Disasters and Other Emergencies Abroad Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Date modified: